Bloggy Moms

Thursday, November 24, 2016

Blessings Abound if You Look for Them

In the wee hours of the morning when I couldn’t sleep, (Thanks menopause.), I began to think of everything that I am thankful for. The first thing I thought of was that our house that’s closing escrow very soon. Then I shook my head and said, “No that’s not right. That’s material.” When I cam to my senses, I remembered what I am really thankful for is that the Lord spared my daughter this year. The brain tumor and even the surgery to remove it, could have ended her life. Whether my daughter is making me smile or causing more glitter strands on the top of my head, I will never take for granted that my husband and I were given the gift of her on this earth for awhile longer.
Today I’m thankful for my husband who realized his lifelong dream of becoming a teacher this year. When his first assignment left him with little time for our family, he sought out one that would be closer to home and was a better fit for his personality. He is such a good husband and father. As a child I did not have a very good role model in that department. I tell Princess all of the time that she is blessed to have a father who loves her so much. Every little girl in the world deserves a father like him.
My friends and family have been a huge support to my husband and I this year. One example of this is when Princess and I  recently visited with my older brother when we were in San Francisco for the day. He made sure that we found a restaurant that she would enjoy eating at. I assure you this was no small feat. Throughout Princess's crisis this year and after it, the outpouring of love from friends and family has been amazing. I have a few close friends who have stuck by me even when I could not be the kind of friend that they deserve. Even though I may not say it, I’m grateful for you.
I have many online friends who I may never meet. Some of these are in support groups that I belong to while others are fellow bloggers. Your encouragement to me is immeasurable. I hope that I can return the favor in some small way.
Moving to Northern CA was a much bigger task than I thought it would be. Packing up our house was huge but not as huge as starting a new life in really a foreign land to all of us. 
Now about the house, we couldn’t have asked for a better realtor. She has gone above and beyond the call of duty. She knew that our priority was moving to Northern CA so she rolled up her sleeves to put forth all of the necessary work to help us sell our house.
When we first moved up here, I knew we would need a new church. We have been blessed to find a church that loves on us. I look forward to making more connections at our new church home in the coming year.
We also needed a new school and new medical professionals for Princess. Finding the right school was a challenge. I do believe we have found one that will be perfect for our girl. I have also been working really hard to get my daughter all of her services (15 at last count.) We’ve been blessed to have found some pretty incredible people. Two of these are her OT and PT who work exclusively with children. Yesterday, Princess was able to play the Wii at therapy while strengthening her muscles.  I love the creativity of these therapists. So much fun!
Today, my Knight, Princess and I will enjoy a quiet Thanksgiving dinner together. We’ll be thinking of our loved ones near and far. We’ll also be thinking of and thankful for our Lord and Savior who bestows all of these bountiful blessings on us.

Happy Thanksgiving! 


My family and I Easter Sunday, just a few weeks before we discovered my daughter's brain tumor. 
Credit: My husband

No comments:

Post a Comment