Bloggy Moms

Saturday, January 7, 2017

How an IPad Was the Hero of the Day

I'm really good at managing all of my daughter's appointments and playdates. When it comes to managing our family's schedule, I sometimes fail. Yesterday, was one such day. My plan for the day included helping my daughter clean her room, doing laundry and a playdate for her in the afternoon. About 4 a.m. I woke with a start. Something in the back of my mind told me that my Knight and I had a very important meeting later that morning. I got up out of bed to check my calendar. Sure enough, the appointment was planned for the time our daughter was supposed to be at her special needs camp. Additionally, there was paperwork that we needed to fill out. 
My Knight and I had already told Princess she would not be going to camp so that meant we'd have to bring her to the meeting. As for the paperwork, I went back to bed then printed it up at a more respectable hour. 
I couldn't cancel our meeting because we'd already cancelled it earlier in the week. I didn't want to go back on my word about my daughter not having to go to camp. I knew since she'd already had three failed days there, a fourth one was inevitable. We also don't have access to a big kid sitter. I did what any mom in my situation would. I made sure the iPad was fully charged, located my daughter's blingy headphones and put all these items in her backpack along with a snack. 
While we were at the meeting, the magic iPad did its job. It cast a spell on my daughter. She was the perfect angel the entire 1 1/2 hours my Knight and I were in our meeting. Basically, it did the job of a sitter. Everyone in the office was convinced that my daughter was the more perfectly behaved child they had ever seen. 

Thanks Apple for saving the day!


No comments:

Post a Comment