Bloggy Moms

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

The Kindness of Strangers

I have a neat story to share. Tonight after Princess' therapy session, we grabbed a bite to eat at a soup and salad buffet type restaurant by us. One of my daughter's favorite parts is getting the baked goods there. When we got to that section of the restaurant, Princess noticed there were no cinnamon apple muffins that she'd seen advertised by the cashier so she politely asked the baker about them. After the baker apologized that they hadn't been taken off of the menu from the previous week, Princess graciously forgave him for not having them. A little while later, I went up to get more food. The baker approached me and asked me if my daughter was still there. I said indeed she was and that we'd be there for awhile longer. It turns out that after we'd left his station, he found some of the mix and made some apple cinnamon muffins for my daughter which were still in the oven. He planned on bringing them over to us when they were done but I was not to spoil the surprise. As you can imagine, I had a hard time keeping my promise but I'm happy to report that I did. Princess was so excited when she saw the muffins. I told her that he'd made her day. She even went back for more later. I let Princess know that since she'd acted so mature and displayed good manners, this young man went out of his way to make her happy.
When we were done with our meal, we asked for the manager to come over. She arrived with a big smile on her face because she already knew what we were going to tell her. Apparently our muffin man had asked her permission to perform his good deed. As she was leaving our table, she asked Princess if she'd like some muffins to take home. Those muffins are pictured here.
One thing that made the kindness shown to us even nicer, was that Princess had had a rough day at school again. This was the perfect ending to what started out as a yucky day.


 P.S. I have emailed the corporation about this story. I'll let you know if they respond.


The funny thing about these muffins is that they are GF. Shh! Don't tell Princess. 

2 comments:

  1. How nice! The kindness of strangers, indeed! I hope corporate gets back to you, and I hope they realize what a gem of an employee they have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. They just told me that they received my comment. It's neat though because now this young man, the baker, and my daughter have a little friendship.

    ReplyDelete