Bloggy Moms

Monday, February 1, 2010

Drama Queen in Training Stories- Episode 8

First Published January 2010
"My Daughter Ran Away, Got Married and Kissed a Boy Last Weekend- Did I Mention That She's Only 5!"

I don't know if I could write a title that long but I thought I'd try anyways.

So my very precocious 5 year old tells me on Saturday night that she wants to leave our home because her father and I don't love her. All this because we wouldn't let her stay up longer to watch more of a movie she had already seen at least ten times. After her proclamation, I told her that that was fine with me. Then I proceeded to open the door that leads from our kitchen to our garage. On her way out she asks " Is it raining?" I informed her that it wasn't and wished her well. Then I spied on her as she walked around to the front door and rang the bell. When my husband and I opened the door, she tearfully said "I thought you didn't love me." I let her know that yes we did indeed love her and asked her if she was ready get dressed for bed. She answered in the affirmative. The rest of our bedtime ritual went very smoothly.

The next day being Sunday I took my little darling to church. When I left her in the care of her Sunday School teachers, I had no way of knowing she would be married when I picked her up.
Well that's just what happened. When I got to her classroom, I was made aware that she and a very dapper older man had indeed gotten married and kissed on the lips to seal the deal. I will say that my daughter has good taste. This six year old boy was wearing a suit and a top hat. (Hey I just report the facts. I don't make these things up.) According to the gentleman's mother he likes to dress up and wear suits on a regular occasion.

So as we left church I let the little bride know that she is not allowed to kiss another boy, no matter how cute and dashing he is, until she graduates from college. I can dream a little can't I?

By the way tonight I asked my big kid why she rang the door bell. She told me that she wanted to get some clothes for her trip but then decided to come inside. My inquisitive side got the best of me so I asked her where she was going and how she would get there. She said she was going to grandma's house and that she would use a map to help her. I rephrased my question and asked her if she was planning on walking to her dear grandmother's house. To which she replied " I was thinking maybe Daddy would go with me." Perhaps she knows that I would not be an accomplice to her scheme.

This kid cracks me up!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment