Bloggy Moms

Monday, February 8, 2010

Drama Queen in Training Stories-- Episode 11- A Cake and a Heart


I can say this I may have a daughter who makes poor choices at times but she is remorseful and wants to make amends with me. On Friday night she decides to make me a cake to make me happy. The only problem was that she made it out of a whole roll of toilet paper, lots of water and some sparkling body gel. She was promptly sent to bed while I cleaned up the watery mess. Additionally two of her toys were put on time out for two days. In the morning we had a discussion about this. I let her know that if she wants to make me something, she can ask for a piece of paper to make a card.
Then Saturday night we were sitting in the rocking chair reading books when all of a sudden Princess says "I gotta go do something. I'll be right back." The next thing I know there is whispering amongst Princess and her daddy. I also hear the sounds of cutting going on in our family room. Finally Princess comes out to where I am and hands me this lovely handwritten card. It said To Mom, From Princess, I love you. I almost cried. She said " I'm sorry for all of my poor choices." My response "I forgive you." This is the first card she has made me that I can actually read without her reading it to me. I am so blessed!!
See attached photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment