Bloggy Moms

Monday, February 1, 2010

Things I Thought I Wouldn't Hear From My 5 Year Old

First Published 8/1/09

When told to get dressed: "No way, no how, I ain't gonna do it and you can't make me!" This was followed by my daughter stomping off. I almost busted a gut laughing. Thankfully my husband was the calm one and did get said child to comply.

"You know why I do that? It's because you do it." When I tried to correct her for saying "Uh huh."

"You're the meanest mom in the whole world!"

"I'm so tired from picking up all these toys! I think I need a break."

Told grandma, "The English like to put milk in their tea."

"I'll do whatever I want to do!"- said on numerous occasions. Not so much anymore because Princess is finding out there are consequences to doing whatever you want to do.

This one maybe not a teenager but definitely not a 5 yr. old -" Mommy where do babies come from?" My response "That's a long story."

After pulling a doll out from under her shirt," Look I had a baby!" She calls this doll her son and takes him everywhere.

BTW- My school psychologist friend said " You know she may be 5 but she's really much older." Ya think?!

No comments:

Post a Comment